Tahmour Kate Bloomfield
Circus Artist, Physical Comedienne, Street Theatre Artist, cabaret performer, circus trainer, & human being.
Tahmour is a professional entertainer who has been entertaining crowds all over the world for over 15 years.
Tahmour continues to create work that makes people laugh, and work that drops jaws.
As the last few years have kept me closer to home I’ve been creating work with Stuart Christie (ex – Circus Oz). We’ve toured the state together with Meandering the Flow, an aerial installation, 5 & 1/2 Ways, and lately the Nickels. In 2021 we received a City of The Arts Grant from the Blue Mountains City Council to develop this show. It was a great joy to re imagine the performing arts, and bring the community out to celebrate, and we look forward to doing it more often.
Hula Illumination has graced stages in Australia and Asia with it’s fantastic light component, and graceful moves. This act has been a challenge to not lose the performer in amoungst the technology, designing costumes that kept me in the artistry. I spoke and performed on this as part of a TEDx event at UNSW.
2017 I toured Hula Illumination to Jakarta, and then Reality TV Me to Europe, performing at Vevey, Switzerland for their 30 th birthday celebration with winners from previous years, it was a real honour.
2015 I launched a “Rosalita’s Got Talent” at the Adelaide Fringe Festival.
I am continuing to create outdoor theatre events, inspired by my overseas touring experiences.
Education & Training
I have trained extensively in theatre, completing a Bachelor of Arts in Drama and Film in 2002, at Flinders And Macquarie Universities in Australia.
Since then I’ve gone on to train in circus, and physical comedy, I’ve begun many social circus projects, in Australia and Overseas.
My training has included a secondment with the Flying Fruit Fly Circus, which was enabled through a grant from the Blue Mountains City Council. Lastly I’ve also studied under numerous clown teachers such as Giovanni Fusetti, Angela De Castro, Andrew Cory, Tom Greder and Tamara Campbell.
Oh look… I’m going to leave this name dropping list in below… there’s been more from 2018 onwards… but the proof is in the laughter you see on my audiences faces.
- Eid Celebrations. (Indonesia)
- Vevey Artists de Rue (Switzerland)
- Liverpool New Years Celebrtaions. (NSW)
- Corporate Events for Canberra University, & Scenic World
- KISS Arts Festival
- Falls Festival, Byron Bay
- Tasmania Circus Festival
- Rylestone Street Festival
- Corporate Events for Vivid,
- Barrangaroo Inagural New Years Eve Celebtraions
- Directing a new Street Theatre Troupe for Winter Magic
- Halloween Lithgow
- KISS Arts Festival
- Falls Festival, Byron Bay (NSW)
- KISS Arts Festival, Kiama (NSW)
- Adelaide Fringe Festival (SA)
- Surfers Paradise Buskers Festival (QLD)
- Coffs Buskers Festival
- Balmain Buskers Festival
- Jo & the Whale, an educational, circus, comedy show at the Maritime Museum
- Edinburgh Fringe : co – producing a venue, releasing Matilda Yonks new show & other cabaret and street performances.
- Adelaide Fringe Festival : venue management
- Newtown Festival (NSW)
- Viva La Gong (NSW)
- Lugarno Festival (NSW)
- Glastonbury Music Festival, UK.
- Linz Pflasterspektakel, Austria.
- Innsbruck, Muhlveirter & Feldrirck Gauklerfestivals, Austria
- Streets of Durham, UK
- Edinburgh Fringe, Scotland.
- Hoopla Festival, Darling Harbour Australia
- Adelaide Fringe, Australia.
- KISS Arts Festival Kiama – Street Theatre, and Workshop Co ordination
- Adelaide Fringe – “Russia’s Best Kept Secret” in the Castello
- Catapult Youth Circus Festival, Bathurst – Matilda Yonks MCed the Schools Show, and performed at Day in the Park.
- Lightening Ridge Easter Carnival – California MCed the evening show.
- Usedom Klienskunst Festival – Germany
- C’est is de B’est – Croatia
- Büssum Kunstlaar Festival – Germany
- Dahme Kunstelaar Festival – Germany
- Cuxhaven Kunstelaar Festival – Germany
- Meppel Donderdag – NL
- Roggefeest – NL
- Port Credit Buskers Festival – Canada
- Waterloo Buskers Festival – Canada
- Applause Festival, Albury Australia
- Merrigong Childrens’ Festival
- Melbourne Juggling Convention
- Vevey Artist de Rue, Switzerland
- Winner Grand Jury 1st Prize
- BuskerBus, Poland
- Pflasterzauber, Hildeshiem, Germany
- Edinburgh Fringe
- Kulturufer Friedrichshafen, Germany
- Feldkirch Gaukler Festival, Austria
- Muhlvertler Speckdakel, Austria
- Festival Fantastika, Austria
- IronFest, Lithgow
Molotov Cabaret : in the Little Big Top, Co created, and produced a cabaret show with Strings on Fire, and Candy Stripe Circus.
The Little Big Top – an Independent Arts collaboration between 4 artists. 2 circus cabaret shows produced daily and run for 3 weeks in the Blue Mountains. Featuring California and Matilda Yonks (see above), working with Strings on Fire and Candy Stripe Circus.
Reality TV Me in EU
- StraatTheatre DRV, MIjdrecht NL
- Festival Del Mundo, Belgium
- Festival Fantastika, Austria
- Linz Pflasterspektakel , Austria
- Villach Steet Theatre Festival, Austria
- St Olav’s Feest, Norway
- Edinburgh Fringe, Scotland
Festivals in Australia:
- Adelaide Fringe Festival, 2006, 2007, 2008.
- Blackheath Food and Wine Festival
- Viva la Gong, Wollongong, 2007, 2008
- Cirquinox, Circus Festival, Leura 2006, – 2010
- Glenbrook Australia Day Celebrations 2007, 2008
- Ironfest, Lithgow, 2006, 2008, 2010, 2011
- Albury Applause Festival 2006
- Coffs Harbour International Buskers Festival, 2005.
International Appearances (2007 -09)
- Copenhagen Jazz Festival
- Ghent Festival, Belgium (07 -08)
- Edinburgh Fringe Festival, Scotland (08 -09)
- Teater Spektakel, Switzerland
- Aarhus Tall Ships Festival, Denmark.
- Copenhagen Jazz Festival, Denmark.
- St. Olavsdagen, Trondheim, Norway
- Mela Festival, Oslo, Norway
- Altrade Park Fest, Nijmegen, Netherlands
- Tourism Australia India Mission, Jaipur, India